Tyndale values music of all styles and encourages musicians to audition with musical selections that demonstrate their strengths and gifting. Your audition should consist of two-five minute selections, in any style that conveys your proficiency and musicianship. These selections should highlight your talents and allow the audition panel to see you in your best light.
Admission into the Music Department will be granted after a successful audition and successful completion and assessment of your Tyndale University College application. Please fill out the online Music Audition Form and be sure to submit it 3 days before the audition date.
Auditions for both streams (Performance or Worship Arts), will be held on the following dates:
- Tuesday August 28
- Wednesday September 5
- Friday September 7
Location: all live auditions will take place in the Tyndale University College Chapel.
International applicants and all applicants beyond 200km of Tyndale may submit a video audition for consideration.
Video auditions must include the following:
- Introduce yourself (your full name)
- Introduce your two selections by name and composer
- Video submission should not exceed 12 minutes in total
- Submit your video recording through YouTube, Vimeo or a similar online video service.
- Title of the video should be: “YOUR NAME - TYNDALE AUDITION”
- Send link to Dr. Melissa Davis at, email@example.com
If Submitting via YouTube
- Under privacy settings, select “UNLISTED”
- Title with “YOUR NAME-TYNDALE AUDITION”
Accompaniment Recommendations / Requirements
» Your audition must be performed with an accompanist on piano.
» You may sing or play along with an accompaniment track or recording or may also use other musicians to accompany you.