Here is some key information about how to transfer to Tyndale:
- If you already have your official transcripts on hand, our Admissions department can help give you an initial transfer credit assessment before you apply. Please be aware that this is an initial assessment only, and does not guarantee the number of eligible college transfer credits. An official transfer credit evaluation is conducted later on in the transfer process. This can help give you an idea of how many college transfer credits you are potentially eligible to put towards a Tyndale college degree.
- Even if you haven’t had an initial transfer credit assessment, the first official step is to apply online – it’s free!
- Next, send us your transcripts. To help your admissions counsellor process your application, send your official transcripts from your previous post-secondary institution(s) to them. Provide them with a transcript for each post-secondary institution you previously attended (university, college, trades school, etc.), even if you did not graduate.
- Your Tyndale acceptance is based on an overall GPA average of 2.0 or higher.
- The transfer credit evaluation with the Office of the Registrar can begin when you receive your acceptance letter and we have your transcripts. This evaluation will show you how many of your previous college credits can officially be put towards your Tyndale degree.
- Register for courses once your transfer credit evaluation is complete.
Your admissions counsellor will be available to assist you and answer any questions you may have throughout the transfer process.
How are Transfer Credits Evaluated?
- The transfer process is unique to each student, and is completed on a case-by-case basis.
- In general, you will likely be eligible for more college transfer credits if you are transferring into a major that is the same or comparable to your previous program (i.e. BA Business Administration to BA Business Administration).
- A course is to be eligible to transfer to Tyndale when the course content is comparable to a Tyndale course. The Office of the Registrar will evaluate the transferability of each course.
- You can potentially transfer up to two years’ worth of credits toward a Tyndale degree.
The number of college transfer credits you can put towards to your Tyndale degree is dependent on:
- The program you were enrolled in previously.
- The types of courses you have completed and your final grade in those courses.
- The Tyndale program you are looking to transfer into.